Friday, October 21, 2011

The Encounter




















  I seldom spent my time taking fragments from my past,
But, solely her face appears from a string of cast;
I met her in the most unusual trend,
This is somewhat, how it happened.
There was an hour before dark,
I was prepared for my mother’s cocoa phonic bitter bark;
I wondered if that woman would
shower a hint of mercy,
In a June evening, in a deserted alley;
I caught over ridden taxi,
In a great haste, I sat unnoticed who was behind me,
A demigoddess, gossiping and giggling gracefully;
Through the rear mirror,
I piously gazed at her;
She had the prettiest teary eyes,
Of what I would consider, ideal size.
She had a pair of the rosiest cheek,
Her hair was charcoal black and sleek,
Like a warriors blade under the moon;
Her voice the singing nightingales in June,
Her giggle, Beethoven’s melody in its finest tune.
I speculated if she noticed me,
I softened, why would she;
Did her teary eyes stare at me,
Nay! Anyone but me;
I halted the taxi,
For this mute had reached his destiny;
I saddened for I no longer could prolong my glance,
I took my last chance,
I took the meekest glance.

I walked home unknowingly, forgetting my mother,
The bitter shrewd barks of her;
My thoughts circled around when I would see her,
My angelic accomplice rider,
Would ‘FATE’ the mysterious rejoin me with her;
I was crest fallen until I saw her,
My saintly neighbor

No comments:

Post a Comment